Friday, March 25, 2011

Thursday Rant: Blizzards

Welcome back from Spring Break SUU! Most of you more than likely went somewhere exotic and warm as I did. Arizona was t-shirt and shorts weather, even in the evening it didn't much colder than 60. A week of relaxation and joy.

Then we return to Cedar City to a mini tornado like weather and the following morning SNOW! As I write this blog entry now I can look out my window and see the soft white flecks falling and building up on my car. The whole year has been fairly light on the snow all the way thru the winter. Then we hit March and Cedar City decided, "Hey, I completely spaced it was supposed to snow earlier this year so here you go"

However, while this is a rant, I offer the following fun ideas to try to take your mind away from the bitter thoughts associated with snow in Cedar:
1) Go make a snow angel, relive your childhood and get a little cold
2) Start a snowball war in your apartment complex, what better way to meet new friends tha tlive nearby than to toss a snowball at them at a high speed.
3)Sit on the corner of 800 W and University. Watch all the Las Vegas students try to figure out what this white stuff on the ground is and how to drive on it. Much laughter to be had.

So as the blizzards will more than likely continue until SunFest, I will be depressed and annoyed. But use my above tips and try to party it up a little while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment